What are the Different Requirements to be Met to Provide Bulk Water Delivery Services?
How do you know if you are booking the best bulk water delivery service? This is the question we will be looking into in following sections and check some of the requirements they need to meet for providing such type of service.
An Insight into Bulk Water Delivery Requirements
For operating bulk water delivery service and get needed permit for the same, the service provider must get all the vehicles registered separately by submitting required documents to public health inspector in the region where the service will be provided.
Having a health permit is also necessary for all the vehicles which will be used for providing bulk water delivery service. Moreover, these permits are to be renewed on a yearly basis after ensuring that the vehicles are maintained as well as operated according to regulatory requirements.
Water used by the water delivery service provider should be obtained from either public water supply system or a semi-public water supply system.
Design of the Vehicles
When a vehicle is used for delivery of potable water, it should adhere to NSF/ANSI Standard 61 or any other similar standard related to water or food grade containers. For instance, interiors of water tanks should be coated with or composed of food grade material that does not corrode (such as fiberglass, stainless steel, approved epoxy liner, etc.).
Similarly, nozzles, hoses as well as other equipment utilized for transport as well as delivery of potable water should be made up of food grade material. Moreover, it will be necessary to maintain all equipment in a sanitary condition and in good repair.
Lastly, these bulk water delivery tanks are to be permanently labeled as Potable Water Only with clear legibility and in contrasting colors.
Operational Standards for Equipment
It is necessary for bulk water delivery service providers to take needed steps for protecting water, storage tanks and any other equipment that is used from contamination at the time water is filled, stored, transported or delivered. Some of the other steps that are to be taken include:
- Nozzles and hoses that are utilized for water discharge or intake are to be protected from contamination while they are not being used.
- It will be necessary to make use of food grade pump lubricants.
- Daily inspections should be performed to make sure that fill and access hatch seals remain in proper repair and provide a sanitary seal.
- Movable equipment is to be cleaned as well as sanitized on a daily basis.
- There should be a written procedure in place in case it becomes necessary to perform emergency disinfection for equipment if they get contaminated.
- It will be required to sanitize the tanks at a minimum of 3 times in a year (fall, summer, and spring) as well as immediately after any kind of contamination or a bacteriological water analysis if that fails.
- The design of all the equipment should also be such that it provides easy access when it becomes necessary to clean such equipment.
As we can see, there are different details that are to be looked into by bulk water delivery service providers to ensure they are maintaining sanitary conditions and providing people uncontaminated water.